So, I got bored. And boredom in Amy's world leads to baking/making completely unhealthy goodies in the kitchen. Now that we've celebrated Thanksgiving, it's officially time to bust out all things Christmas and holiday related! So what did I concoct? Little bites of heaven made from peppermint sandwich cookies, white candy coating, and a sprinkle of peppermint! YUM! Anyone who knows Trader Joe's and their sinful little treats, Peppermint Joe-Joes, knows that once you nibble on one of these bad boys, you will never be able to stop! You've been warned.
1 package Peppermint cream sandwich cookies (technically Oreo cookies, but any similar style works just fine!)
1 package white candy coating
Peppermint crunch sprinkle topping (optional)
1. Melt candy coating in a large bowl (think Pyrex) according to package directions. Stir often and heat at half power to ensure you don't burn the coating!
2. Drop cookies into chocolate one at a time. Turn and coat
3. With large fork, pull cookie out and gently shake excess off into the bowl. Place on wax paper.
4. Sprinkle peppermint chips on top for garnish.
5. Let sit until hard. Enjoy! (for an added treat, try popping a few in the freezer! They taste deliciously refreshing when enjoyed straight out of the freezer!)
Easy peasy, right? And they're SO YUMMY!