Read at your own risk. Once you read this recipe, you will never be the same.
Those who know me know I have an unhealthy obsession with anything peanut butter. Give me a dessert with peanut butter and I'm a happy, HAPPY girl. Those who know me also know I'm obsessed with sweets and constantly have the hankering to whip something up on any given night. Well, lately, Colorado has been hotter than blazes, so the thought of turning the oven on is a big No-No in this house! So, what's a girl to do who is itchin' to whip up something sweet who can't turn the oven on?
Look no further! I google searched everything my pallet was craving one night...my search consisted of "white chocolate peanut butter rice crispy" and MAGIC happened. I've had Avalanche Bark before...at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, I believe...but that was years ago. However, it was such a delectable treat that my taste buds remembered the heavenly combination and yearned for more. So I whipped up this recipe in no time and my family has been devouring pan after pan for the last couple of days (that's no exaggeration. We're literally on our 3rd batch of the stuff in 3 days. Oops)
It's easy. It's quick. And it's heat-free!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips (or vanilla candy coating)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (the recipe calls for creamy...I prefer to use crunchy. More texture!)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (I don't measure. I just toss some in since I have to limit my chocolate in take. I just use a splash)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (for my first two batches, I didn't have any mini mallows on hand, so I laboriously cut up large marshmallows in half and then in quarters. It worked, but man was it gooey! Using mini mallows is MUCH easier!)
1. Melt white chips in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure to stir about every 30 seconds and nuke at half power. Don't burn the chips!
2. Stir in peanut butter
3. Pour white chocolate/peanut butter heavenly concoction over rice crispy cereal
4. Stir well
5. Recipes always say to let this mixture come to room temperature before adding marshmallows...I say FORGET THAT! I like my mallows to be a little gooey and melted in the mix, so I dump them in now and stir!
6. Let cool a BIT if you don't want melted chocolate chips...but if not, dump them in right away, too
7. Add mini chocolate chips, give a slight stir
8. Pour mixture into a slightly greased pan (8X8 can work...I've been using a 6X9ish pan and it works well)
9. Pop that bad boy in the fridge if you want to enjoy it sooner rather than later. If not, let is stand on the counter top until solid.
10. ENJOY! I promise...you'll have one taste and then continually cut yourself another bit to munch on. It's ADDICTING!
YUMMMMM! Marshmallows all gooey inside!